Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Nigga' is what you see.......

I must first apologize to everyone for the delay in my posts. The access to my blog was surreptitiously compromised but I’m back. Perhaps the break was needed as many – and I mean many revelations have come into fruition. Where should I begin? Kwame made his state of the city address and cut up. Should I start there… Or should we talk about a former police clerk substantiating the mansion party swearing to a deposition earlier this week. Or should I talk about the awarding of city contracts illegally found via the text messages by the administration? Kim Worthy announced today that she is postponing action from the prosecutor’s office for another couple of weeks. Based on my sources what this really means is that Kim is preparing additional charges on top of what she was already planning to issue. She’s coming down hard – very hard. The action of Kwame hiring a high priced New York defense attorney further substantiates this fact. It’s not that he will be forced to resign. The real question is will he stay out of prison.

But let’s talk about the tirade last night of what a friend of mine eloquently stated as coming from a delusional man. If you have followed this blog the primary question and impetus for our dialogue has been can African Americans govern themselves? Allow our white readers to eavesdrop on a pointed conversation that I’m about to have with black folks. I’m going to be real about this and make plain on why this episode says more about the lack of political and intellectual acumen of black people than it does the transgressions of one Kwame Kilpatrick. Furthermore, it highlights the miseducation that has plagued our community for the greater part of four centuries. Please bear with me while I share some excerpts from Carter G. Woodson’s “Miseducation of the Negro” published in 1933:

…The problem of holding the Negro down, therefore, is easily solved. When you control a man’s thinking you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his “proper place” and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary…

Let me share something with you. Specifically, Kwame Kilpatrick is a dangerous man. A Judas in the midst who is not far from the failed leadership of Adolph Hitler or Jim Jones. Now you may consider that harsh but understand this – both individuals were passionate about what they did leading the masses to great turmoil. Both believed they were delivered from God to rule over the minions and both committed suicide choosing to accept death over accountability. Time will tell if that surmise will be Kwame’s ultimate sacrifice but we shall see. The tirade at the end of his speech was his swan song. A farewell designed to impart that the “man” did him in. That this was really a battle of “us” vs. “them”. A tactic to solidify the caustic racial environment prevalent in the Detroit community. A systematic plan to once again implore Detroiters – black people - to accept the rule of racism over accountability. What’s sad is that in 2008 when we have a man named Barack Obama who just may be the first African American to hold Presidential office we have the Anti-Christ Barack Obama – Kwame Kilpatrick who stands for everything that is wrong with Black America. Yes, this is about us. This is about how we feel about ourselves as a people and as a race. We don’t love or value ourselves. We rather accept the idiocy of someone being out to get Kwame Kilpatrick than facing reality and eliminating those of our same skin tone that exasperate failure and fear.

…The same educational process which inspires and stimulates the oppressor with the thought that he is everything and has accomplished everything worthwhile, depresses and crushes at the same time the spark of genius in the Negro by making him feel that his race does not amount to much and never will measure up to the standards of other peoples. The Negro thus educated is a hopeless liability of the race…

Are we comfortable with this type of leadership or are we comfortable with mediocrity? Or is it that we are so used to having nothing that excellence and the pursuit of love of thy neighbor simply does not exist in the intellect of Detroiters? Are we able to weed out traitors in our midst or do we look aside as our consciousness would like us to do better but we simply don’t know better? These are the real questions that we face. And as an African American male for the first time I’m ashamed of my people. To have a stable nourishing environment you have to have a barometer to build upon. Without any cause and effect, without any checks and balances you will fall for anything. It’s safe to assume that if Kwame was white he would have been gone long ago. And why is that? Is it simply because he’s black or is it simply because black people are so miseducated that they are blinded by their skin tone to accept anything – even if it means that that failed leadership is the virus of our black existence on this earth. Yes, ladies and gentleman – it is that serious and I venture into an area of black psychology that the misinformed or uneducated never knew existed.

What I do know is this – regardless of if Kwame somehow miraculously survives this situation and continues as Mayor the negative psychological ramifications on Black people in this city has been exceedingly accomplished. Another generation trapped in the abyss of governance ineptitude. And to anyone who reads this dissertation and disagrees with my analysis I state – How you think about Kwame Kilpatrick is how you think of yourself. Don’t expect anyone to save you or impart sympathy when it’s obvious you don’t care about yourself enough to course correct. And by the way, white folks ain’t thinking about you. Why destroy those who destroy themselves? It’s such a waste of energy and time.

…If the “educated negro” could go off and be white he might be happy, but only the mulatto now and then can do this. The large majority of this class, then, must go through life denouncing white people because they are trying to run away from blacks and decrying the blacks because they are not white…

To all who read this column I wish peace to you as we await the decision by Kim Worthy. And yes, the hammer will be coming down. Hard – very hard.


KE

7 comments:

eNfyNte said...

Hello KE, I love reading your blog! I am an African-American woman who lives in Toledo, OH, and I have been following this sorted mess going on in Detroit. I agree to everything that you have posted, and heard myself saying similiar words to friends and family regarding us black folx, esp. to the issues facing us in Detroit, and I did say us because I feel a connection to Black people everywhere. I cannot say that I have the solution to these things, but I believe that the people of Detroit should not allow this to go on, nor accept this type of behavior ever. Well, I have more thoughts on this but I will leave it at this.

I really truly enjoy reading your words and am so glad to see your return, hopefully I can follow your work beyond this negativity. Keep up the Bee-U-t-fuLL work, KE!!!


Love and Blessings to the people living in Detroit...

Anonymous said...

Hi KE! I recently found out about your site and I must say it's extremely on point. I'm from Detroit, but moved away 4 years ago to Texas. I've been following the story here and talking to my people back home about it and everybody telling me the same thing. They want him out so the city can really move forward and attempt repair the damage his crooked administration has caused.

The "Hitler/Jones" comparison is spot on. These "leaders" become so delusional that they feel because "God" appointed them into these positions, they have to answer to no one but him. I believe if he gets charged and convicted with high crimes, he would either attempt to flee or drink the cyanide laced kool-aid.

I think Kwame is crazy enough to get his goons to start riots in the city, just so he can declare martial law to stay in office.

Hitler did it, Musharaff in Pakistan recently did it, I think Bush is gonna do it and Kwame might do it.

I'm a conspiracy theorist in the truest sense!

Love the blog!

Peace, love and prosperity to everyone in tha D (not affiliated with KK lol)

GlamGirlCEO

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back, KE. We all missed you. It was interesting to me that you said the speech was his Swan Song. I had been wondering about something similar. I wasn't sure if he just got caught up in the moment (self control seems decidedly lacking in Kwame) or if that last part of the speech had actually been written out beforehand. Either way it did not say anything good about Kwame.
I think that what you said about African-American people and their leaders, though, may be slightly off To me the malady extends to the state of Michigan. We all accept less than the best in our leaders. For instance, why are our roads worse than any other state? We certainly see enough repair work going on, yet the roads are awful. Bad construction? If so, why do the same companies continue getting the contracts? Why do the same people keep getting elected to office? Do we really look at what they are doing for our state, or is it name recognition? When people are running for office and say "Vote for me based on my record.", do we really look at their record, or do we look at the part of their record that they are willing to show us? Hillary has a record-but it is a dismal one. Gov. Granholm had a record-as our
AG-but since it included things like Ricky Holland she did not want it examined-so it was not elaborated on. Hillary says Obama has no record, but she counted that as a selling point when Bill ran for president and had no record.
I think what I am trying to say is that Kwame is no different than most politicians. The reason that I will be voting for Obama is that he seems different to me, and I truly do hope that he lives up to the expectations of so many of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm not the biggest Kwame fan around. In fact, I am appalled at what he's done to the city.

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard Hansen Clarke. He was taking the high road and not the 'lynch-mob' approach Kwame spoke about. I was thinking to myself then: what if 2005 went differently? What if Hansen Clarke (or someone else) had won? Would we still be in this foreclosure mess? Would we have the same horrible city services, high taxes, and failing schools? Can one man really turn things around that much?

I thought so. Kwame isn't just doing a disservice to himself and the reputation of minorities, but to the people of the entire area. He inherited a city, while still lacking, on the rise from the Archer administration. He has managed to pull a George Bush and destroy all his progress while making things worse. I'm just hoping we get someone like Hansen Clarke in 2009 to help turn this around.

Anonymous said...

Kwame is now the "race baiter" and he has destroyed anything that could have been accomplished in the City. Resign now!

Anonymous said...

Excellent analysis. You put into words, exactly what I have been feeling about this whole ordeal. As an African American Women, I'm also ashamed. I plan to find and read the book you referenced in your Blog. Thank you. You and your words are a breath of fresh air and hope !

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Have been warning for some time that the mayor may incite a riot and commandeer the police department when the hammer falls. Hope preparations have been made for this possibility.