Thursday, February 28, 2008

Live From New Orleans....

Before KE says anything I must post a quote by King Kwame....

"There's nothing new that came out and a lot of the reporting on this I think was an expectation that something new was gonna happen," Kilpatrick told WWJ. (A Local Radio Station in Detroit)

DUMB ASS!!!!! If that was the case why you fight releasing the records so bad..huh!!!!!

I've tried to keep this blog professional but our "City Government" (for lack of a better term has really pissed me off). Perhaps I'm cranky for the fact as just as I was leaving for the airport I get urgent text messages (heh, heh - not from Christine however) and phone calls that the Supreme Court told Kwame to kiss off while at the same time releasing the records....

So while this blog approaches just it's one month birthday with over 3,500 hits and counting (which is freekin' incredible if you asked me) AND I'M NOWHERE AROUND TO DO THE BIG SCOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I'm a little upset???)

So I'm thinking - alright make my flight with a layover - get to the hotel - read the story - do my post - everything will be kosher....

But uh...uh... A certain hotel whose name I won't mention (the Sheraton on Canal Street) has the audacity to charge $200 per night for a room that doesn't include a lady of the evening nor FREE WI-FI!!!!!!! (okay, I can't blame them for not including the lady but c'mon....) They wanted $9.95 per day for Internet use. I was extremely pissed!!!!!!! So I send this short message a day later from a coffee house about a mile down from the hotel on a bright cool day minutes off of Bourbon Street.

Alas, my full disclosure is as follows.....I have not read the documents as of yet but they have been downloaded. Thus, I don't know what the hell is going on and when I post at least I like to know what I'm talking about. So expect some detail hopefully by tomorrow or at the latest this weekend when I'm back home. My phone carrier whose name I won't mention (Metro PCS) doesn't work here either. I feel like I'm on a deserted island or something. Or are we just electronically spoiled?? Probably a little bit of both...

Some quick observations on New Orleans while I have you....

  • People must walk here often as when they say something is in walking distance where I come from means relatively short but here takes forever. I must have logged like five miles in just a day and a half....
  • They tax on food and at a 9% rate. If they tried that sh&*^&*^ in Michigan they would be tarred and feathered.... (is tarred a word?...If not, I just made one up....)
  • The bars never close. People stay like perpetually intoxicated some literally walking around stumbling in the street. Fascinating to watch.
  • This is an old ass town. Ate at a restaurant back to the 1700's last night that used to be an old slave depot. And could you believe it, they still had a whites only section! (just kidding but the party I was with were transfixed reading the historic plaque out front and I had to beg them to come in advising that they probably wouldn't be placed on a boat separated from their families. I mentioned that the industry is over but the mentality still rest back in Detroit with some folks...(like how I got my dig in huh?)...

Anyway, feel free to make comments in the interim and I appreciate you taking time to visit. Please bare with me as I deal with my electronic "dysfunctions"....

Au Revoir!

KE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VOTE FOR A HOSPITAL YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE A FUN CENTER DETOIT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

We asked you to “Show the Love” by voting for a hospital to receive a Fun Center. The outpouring of support has been wonderful, and Colgate-Palmolive is awarding all nine participating hospitals a Fun Center! And now you can make an even bigger difference. Voting remains open through February 29, and the hospital that receives the most support will receive an additional Fun Center!

The 29th is the last day to vote! Detroit Children's Hospital is presently in 2nd. Place by only .36 %.

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/Corp/CommunityPrograms/show-the-love.cvsp

YOU ARE AT YOUR COMPUTER NOW .SO DO IT NOW!!!!!
This would also make GREAT PUBLIC RELATIONS!!!!!!

Jack

Be safe and have a GREAT DAY!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

VOTE FOR A HOSPITAL YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE A FUN CENTER DETOIT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

We asked you to “Show the Love” by voting for a hospital to receive a Fun Center. The outpouring of support has been wonderful, and Colgate-Palmolive is awarding all nine participating hospitals a Fun Center! And now you can make an even bigger difference. Voting remains open through February 29, and the hospital that receives the most support will receive an additional Fun Center!

The 29th is the last day to vote! Detroit Childrens Hospital is presently in 2nd. Place by only .36 %.

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/Corp/CommunityPrograms/show-the-love.cvsp

YOU ARE AT YOUR COMPUTER NOW .SO DO IT NOW!!!!!
This would also make GREAT PUBLIC RELATIONS!!!!!!

SEND THIS TO ALL ON YOUR LIST

Be safe and have a GREAT DAY!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!