Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a Tangled Web We Weave….

What a difference a week makes. Kwame Kilpatrick is almost out of options – and friends. Earlier this week a person I wrote about in a previous blog – Attorney General Mike Cox jumped ship stating in an interview that nothing a public official does is private and he will wait to see what Kim Worthy does with the investigation before he intervenes.

In other words, if she doesn’t bust his ass then I will. (Wouldn’t that have made a nice quote?)

Now I’m not sure of the premise behind his sudden lack of allegiance for the Mayor other than he plans to run for Governor and wants to convey to the larger state constituency that these Spiro Agnew shenanigans won’t be tolerated. (For those who don’t know – Spiro Agnew vacated the office of Vice President under Richard Nixon after he was charged with the crime of tax evasion.) He lied about it, was exposed and had three choices – resign – go to jail or go to jail and by default resign – take your pick. Make a mental note of this last paragraph as the “insert Kwame here” label will apply quite possibly very soon.

The Detroit City Council named independent council to provide legal advice and pursue those “secret” records. Council was named as they finally came to the conclusion that they couldn’t trust the intellect and non biasness of the city attorneys who serve at the pleasure of his highness – I…I..mean the Mayor.

And the self proclaimed “Hip Hop Mayor” also lost his base – you know, the pants sagging to their ass leave a black man alone constituency prevalent in the urban sector. Two rappers penned a rap song called “Strawberry Letter 23” that alleges the Mayors culpability in the murder of said dancer Tamara Greene a.k.a. “Strawberry”. It should be out in a few weeks and I will post information as soon as I locate the link.

Kim Worthy also stated yesterday to give her office thirty days to take action on the perjury charge. Hmmmm…. They’ve already had it for at least two weeks. I would surmise that a case is building and they want it to be iron clad plus they are waiting on obtaining ALL the records to the secret agreement before proceeding.

Speaking of the secret agreement, I’m not an Attorney but as a hobby read Supreme Court briefs and must say that the appellate brief that the City turned in wouldn’t have passed Moot Court in a fourth tier law school. The brief had misspellings and nothing that would sway the court. I’m surprised that the Appeals court took that long to render a decision considering that their opinion was surprisingly brief minus a significant amount of legalese. I guess that was their nice way of saying don’t bother us again with this bull%$%! I can only hope that Kwame and has band of legal beagles submit and not force the issue to the state Supreme Court. Every continuing day of trying to hide the evidence only loses support – or the little that they had. As I have said before – whatever is in those documents will cause the Mayor to resign. It must be that serious to fight it this far.

In the “Kwame News Hot off the Wire” to the right of this piece are links that will take you to the actual appeals court brief and on the Detroit News and Free Press sites are WebPages dedicated to this drama. This weekend I plan to post pictures of the players in this saga. Feel free to submit questions. I will answer the ones I can or place you in the right direction.

Today’s blog is dedicated to the memory of Tamara Greene whose spirit will not rest until the truth is told. Peace be to your son and let your legacy be avenged with the force of the judicial system.

Be good to somebody today.


KE

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - pictures! Please see if you can find and post a picture of Christine Beatty's ex.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do you have any knowledge of Christine Beatty ever living in Marshall, Michigan.

Anonymous said...

the strawberry letter 313 - if I did it video is on fox 2's website

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=D7AA70F814E923177D1C4DC2BD77D4B2?contentId=5751060&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Kwame Exposed said...

Thank you to the person who forwarded the link. I will post it later today with a main post so everyone can locate it.

No, I'm not aware of Christines previous whereabouts.

I will try to find a picture of her former hubby.

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you again for this site and the work you put into it. It is really good.

Anonymous said...

One of the articles that I found on your side bar said that while the Court of Appeals was going over the case they received numerous phone calls trying to sway their vote! I wonder if that will happen if the Supreme court takes the case, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. This provides me a place to vent. I have so wanted to move out of the city, but the failing housing market has prevented this from happening. In a way I guess its good because my family and I didn't end up like some other folks who fled the city. In debt, broke and in foreclosure. Whoever takes on this city's problems will need as much support as they can get. Right now, all I want are the return of basic city services, a responsive police dept. and the street lights back on.

Anonymous said...

I would like to read the city's brief. I didn't see a link on the blog. Can you provide it?

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Carmen Slowski sends his/hers best regards to Kwame on Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

I found it interesting to revisit the MANGOOGIAN MANSION PARTY CH 4 INVESTIGATION from 2005 on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfMnRvBEmlc

...in light of the recent activity concerning Tamara Greene's murder/cover-up.

After all these years, Police Chief Cummings is asking for individuals that have any info concerning Ms. Greene's murder, to come forward! This administration must be out of their collective minds! If you know ANYTHING about this case, the LAST place you'd go to is the DPD--if you don't want your life ruined or possibly come up missing.

Anyhoo, KE, this is my 'go to site' for up-to-date information and excellent commentary with on-target humor. Yours is by far the best blog covering this saga. Keep bringing it to us, straight no chaser!

Anonymous said...

While I think Chief Cummings asking anyone with information about Ms. Green' murder to come forward was a publicity stunt. It could have also been put out there as a fishing experiment.

We all know what happens to fish once they've taken the bait.

Anonymous said...

I have a great idea to make a lot of money on this. Maybe enough to reimburse the city for some of the money KK has wasted. The Free Press should scan all those text messages into an ebook and sell them.

I know I'd buy it.

What do you think?

Kwame Exposed said...

Wow..A lot of questions. Thank you for the compliments. To the Supreme Court question I doubt Kwame can touch those folks but who knows? We have to wait and see. They have to agree to hear the case first.

The appeals docs and everything is can be found via this link...

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/METRO/80124001/0/METRO&template=theme&theme=METRO-DETROIT-MAYOR

I will post this information on a larger blog shortly.

KE

Anonymous said...

Here is a photo of Lou Beatty, Chris' ex.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://beattybrothersllc.com/images/h2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://beattybrothersllc.com/contactus.html&h=162&w=273&sz=13&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=Rt8cFeueDKG89M:&tbnh=67&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522lou%2Bbeatty%2Biii%2522%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den

Kwame Exposed said...

Thanks for the picture of Lou Beatty! I looked over the net for days on that one. I have a set of pictures of the "cast of characters" to upload but thought the videos would work a bit better for the time being.

Anonymous said...

The site for Lou Beatty's photo, is not working? What's up?